For business purposes, you may wonder whether Facebook is still relevant and worthy of your efforts.
You may have asked yourself whether Facebook is a dying platform, perhaps? Simply put, no it isn’t.
Gone are the days however, when it was relatively straightforward to organically amass a loyal following on Facebook, and use that audience to drive sales towards your business.
As time has gone on, things have changed, and organic growth has become harder, as the platform prioritised paid adverts and engagement.
That’s not to say that you can’t boost your business for free!
Here are some ideas you can utilise in addition to paid advertising:
- Focus on groups: On Facebook, community is key. People like to feel a part of something. Developing a group in addition to your business page (if relevant) offers an opportunity for your customer base to come together, share stories, tips, advice and product shots.
- Focus on stories: As with Facebook's good friend, Instagram, the Story function offers an opportunity to share some behind the scenes information, sneaky peeks, and generally put a face to the name behind your brand.
- Ask lots of questions: How do you structure your posts? Do you do a lot of sales promotions on your page, or do you share news and information too? With (almost) every post there can be an opportunity to ask questions of your followers; whether it’s their thoughts on a new product, or their weekend plans. If people respond to your posts, ensure you take the time to reply to them - keep that engagement going!
- Invite your customers to share their thoughts and purchases with you: And then, if they are agreeable, ask if you can share their post. User-generated content (UGC) looks great on your feed and are pieces of content that you can share easily, thereby saving you time (leaving more time for engagement!)
- Encourage reviews from satisfied customers: Another item you can share, plus when new customers are directed to your Facebook page and see plenty of five-star reviews, you automatically gain credence as a brand worth investing in.
- Chatbots: A chatbot is a piece of software that conducts a conversation with a customer, on your behalf. You can use them for simple customer service enquiries, bookings, and much, much more.
All of these things will serve to boost your profile on Facebook, and in turn, keep your visibility going! Facebook is an evolving platform, and in order to keep up with the changes, rather than be swept along with the tide, your approach can change, too. Have a go, and see what benefits you can reap from a few small changes!