Do you feel tied to your Facebook Page and worry that you have to post content every single day? Well, the good news is you don’t. Facebook has its own in-built scheduler so you can be better organised and have more free time to spend in your business, not just on your business.
- You can plan your content better making it easier to develop a consistent voice and posting schedule
- Scheduling will free up your time and become a once-a-week task rather than a daily task
- If circumstances change and you have something new or timely to post right now, you can and should still do that as you can simply amend the date and time you have your other scheduled posts to go out
- You can keep track and see all your Scheduled posts in one place and edit/delete them as required
- Rumour has it that Facebook likes you to use it’s own native scheduler rather than any third party ones. Whether this is really true or not is debateable but with Facebook’s algorithm we reckon you need all the help you can get.
Here’s a step-by-step guide of how to schedule a post on Facebook:
- Go to Your Page
- Go to Publishing Tools along the top menu. If you don’t see it, you may have to click on More… first
- Click the blue + Create button in the top right
- Write your post
- Click the downward arrow next to Share Now
- Select Schedule
- Choose the date and time you would like your post to be published on your Page, bearing in mind it will correspond to your current time zone
- Click Schedule
Note: If you have already started creating a post in the Write a post...section on your Page and subsequently decide you don’t want to publish it now, then just click the downward arrow next to Share Now and select Save Draft. Your post will now be available to view in Drafts under Posts in Publishing Tools. From here, you can Edit, Publish, Schedule or Delete your post.