It’s really important to understand why your shoppers would use social media to help them with their shopping, as this will help you make your content relevant and interesting to them.
Social Sprout say the top 5 reasons shoppers follow a brand on Twitter are as follows:
- Promotions and discounts
- For latest product information
- Customer support
- Entertaining content
- Ability to offer feedback
To focus on numbers 3 and 5 on this list a little more - customer support and how you support your customers better.
- Read all your messages, every day. Check your DMs (when someone sends you a Direct Message) and search your @mentions (when someone tags you in a post), plus check your notifications. These are the more common ways a shopper will reach out to your brand.
- Shoppers like to use social media with brands because they’re known to give feedback more quickly. So, respond right away. Make them feel important - because they are.
- Invite your shoppers to offer feedback. Post a message telling shoppers that they can reach you over social media for a quick response and you’d love to hear what they think. You’ll be surprised by the number of people that take you up on that offer.
Combine this with sharing your great offers and product range, posting great content regularly, you’re onto a winner!
For more great tips see How to deal with customer service enquiries on Twitter and 34.5% prefer to contact businesses on social media.